What Is Stress Reduction?
Your mind is a powerful thing, harnessing the potential to directly impact the status of your physical health. Sometimes high stress is tied to physical health conditions, such as hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, or chronic infections. At Cameron Wellness and Spa, we believe in offering a holistic approach that focuses on a person's mental health as a component of their total wellness. Our physician addresses a variety of symptoms of high-stress levels, including anxious thoughts, chronic stimulation, irritability, and more. Through one-on-one coaching, biofeedback, and hands-on therapies, we equip patients to discover inner peace and maintain a healthy mindset. Learn more by scheduling a visit to our office in Salt Lake City, UT.
Stress Reduction Reviews
"The Cameron wellness center staff are some of my favorite people! In addition to being a very happy patient there for years it is also the center where I send most of my clients in my psychotherapy practice to make sure they are getting the physical support needed for sound mental health. I feel lucky to count them as trusted providers and dear friends. Dr. Cameron has been of enormous help in my recovery from chronic illness and is extremely skilled in putting complex puzzle pieces together especially when it comes to women’s health. Highly recommend!"- A.W. / Google / Aug 26, 2021
How We Treat stress Reduction
During your initial appointment at Cameron Wellness and Spa, we will get to know you and perform any needed health screenings or exams. From there, a customized treatment plan will be created based on your unique needs. We offer several solutions for stress reduction:
- Biofeedback: You will be connected to a sensor that provides feedback about how your body responds to stress. The goal of biofeedback is to help shift the nervous system to a more relaxed state in the moment, which can have positive impacts on blood pressure, digestion, mood, sleep patterns, and more. To learn more about Biofeedback, click here.
- Mindfulness meditation coaching: Our coaching services are designed to help you reach a state of homeostasis by shifting your nervous system out of a fight or flight response. This can improve a number of health factors, including blood flow, digestive health, energy levels, sleep, and more.
- Craniosacral therapy: We apply gentle pressure to the head, neck, and back in order to relieve tension in the nervous system. This can help alleviate chronic pain while boosting immunity.
Stress Reduction FAQ
How many people have high stress levels?
As the stigma around mental health issues is continually dismantled and more people seek help, we now know, according to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), that as many as 1 in 20 (51.5 million) Americans experience mental health issues. Many of these issues are directly tied to stress levels that occur over a short- or long-term period.
Does biofeedback for stress reduction work?
Scientific research on the effectiveness of biofeedback for mental health has shown promise in treating and reducing the symptoms of a wide range of conditions, including:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Postpartum stress
- AD/HD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Food cravings
At Cameron Wellness and Spa, we are here to help you on your holistic health journey. There is often a direct tie between a person's physical, mental, and emotional state so our expert team takes all of these factors into account when deciding on the right treatment plan. To learn more about our cutting-edge therapies for reducing stress levels, please schedule an appointment at our office in Salt Lake City, UT.
Can Mental Health be Treated With a Holistic Approach?
Some men and women struggle with mental health issues, such as anxiety and depression. Discover our holistic approach to treatment in Salt Lake City.Read
What is PharmaGABA and how can it help my child?
Learn why Dr. Cameron recommends PharmaGABA for focus and clarity in the informative post.Read