Naturopathic Family Medicine
Our Naturopathic Family Medicine Service:
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods.
What is Naturopathic Family Medicine?
The past 30 years has seen an extraordinary increase in consumer demand for safe, effective and cost-effective natural health care. Naturopathic medicine has emerged as the health-care profession best suited to meet this demand.
Although it almost disappeared in the mid-twentieth century because of the popularity of drugs and surgery, Naturopathic medicine now offers safe, effective natural therapies as a vital part of the health-care systems of North America in the twenty-first century.
Naturopathic Physician Training
A licensed naturopathic physician (ND) attends a four-year, graduate-level naturopathic medical school and is educated in all of the same basic sciences as an MD, but also studies holistic and nontoxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness. In addition to a standard medical curriculum, the naturopathic physician also studies clinical nutrition, homeopathic medicine, botanical medicine, psychology, and counseling. A naturopathic physician takes rigorous professional board exams so that he or she may be licensed by a state or jurisdiction as a primary care general practice physician. Please see the AANMC’s Professional Competency Profile for more information. Additional information on naturopathic schools can be found on the American Association of Naturopathic Medical CollegesWeb site.
Definition of Naturopathic Medicine
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (ToIle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non-Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity, and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities: clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing, nutritional medicine, botanical medicine, naturopathic physical medicine (including naturopathic manipulative therapy), public health measures, hygiene, counseling, minor surgery, homeopathy, acupuncture, prescription medication, intravenous and injection therapy, and naturopathic obstetrics (natural childbirth).
At the Cameron Wellness Center, we love children and want to make sure they have a healthy start. A solid foundation to grow. Therefore we offer many pediatric services that will help you with your healthcare needs.
- Breast Feeding Support
- Solid Food Introduction
- Vaccine Consultation
- Eczema/Dermatology Issues
- Acid Reflux in Children
- Teenage Acne
- Food Allergies in Children
- Depression and Anxiety in Children and Teens
- Colds/Flus/Ear Infections/Sore Throat/Fever
Autism & ADHD
Autism is more than just a psychological disorder. There are many different areas in the body that, when stressed or not functioning properly, can affect the way our brain functions. Some of these problem areas are – gut health, toxic exposure, nutrient deficiencies, MTHFR gene mutations, food sensitivities, and poor detoxification pathways.
Our physicians understand that autism is more than just a behavior problem. There is more than can be done. He addresses the problem areas, such as gut health, to help improve the brain’s function and decrease the symptoms of autism.
NATUROPATHIC FAMILY MEDICINE PRICING
We seek to address the root cause of both acute and chronic illness, while treating the whole person using a combination of natural therapies, including diet and lifestyle, herbal medicine, nutrition, homeopathy, hormone therapy, and hydrotherapy. Conditions may include colds, flu, UTIs, ear infections, and sinus infections.
The Cameron Wellness Center and Life Spa brings together an environment of healing, relaxation, and rejuvenation, with the most innovative alternative medical technology and expertise.
Acute New Patient $75/15 min
Comprehensive New Patient $400
New Pediatric Patient $200 (10 and under
School or camp exams $75
Office Visit $55/15 min
Prescription Change / Renewal $25
Phone /Email Consults $40+
Blood Draw Fee $25
Body Mass Analysis / BIA $35
B Vitamin Injections* $15-25
*Receive an additional $5 off every Wednesday!