[av_textblock size=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” font_color=” color=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-khl3j0yh’ admin_preview_bg=”]
JENN LAUGHLIN – PEAS AND CRAYONS
This honey roaster butternut squash with cranberries and feta recipe is perfect for the holidays and loaded with fall flavor!
- PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- COOK TIME 35 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
- SERVINGS 6
- CALORIES 122 KCAL
- 3 lb large butternut squash (peeled + chopped)
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh cranberries (add a little, or a lot!)
- 2-3 TBSP honey plus extra to taste
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta
- ground cinnamon to taste
- fresh or dried parsley to garnish, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly drizzle or spritz a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon (approx. 1/8-1/4 tsp depending on preference) along with feta and honey. I listed the honey measurements I used, but depending on whether you used fresh cranberries or dried, sweeten to taste.
- Garnish with parsley for a burst of color and dig in while it’s hot!
Feel free to use fresh or dried cranberries for this dish.
Dried will be sweeter, while fresh with have a delightful punch of tartness to pair with the buttery squash and sweet honey. Let your tastebuds be your guide and have fun with it!
Nutrition Facts are an estimate gathered using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed.
NUTRITION FACTS AMOUNT PER SERVING CALORIES 122 CALORIES FROM FAT 27% DAILY VALUE*FAT 3G5% SATURATED FAT 1G 6%CHOLESTEROL 5MG 2% SODIUM 75MG 3% POTASSIUM 454MG 13% CARBOHYDRATES 22G 7% FIBER 3G 13% SUGAR 9G 10% PROTEIN 2G 4% VITAMIN A 13325IU 267% VITAMIN C 28.5MG 35% CALCIUM 91MG 9 %IRON 1MG 6%* PERCENT DAILY VALUES ARE BASED ON A 2000 CALORIE DIET.