Dr. Shawn Postma
Medice, cura te ipsum
(Physician, Heal Thyself)
After many years of going from doctor to doctor to figure out why he was having a medley of strange symptoms, Dr. Postma eventually figured out that he had Lyme disease and toxic mold illness.
Having already tested negative for Lyme disease once before, he discovered how to do a provoked test that ultimately led to a CDC-positive result (which is extremely uncommon), nearly 19 years after being bit by a tick.
Throughout his journey, he has come to learn and understand what it takes to truly heal the body, mind, and spirit, especially for people struggling with complex illnesses.
Dr. Shawn Postma
Dr. Shawn Postma is a naturopathic physician who helps people with chronic illness restore their health from toxic mold syndrome, IBS/SIBO, histamine intolerance/MCAS, Lyme disease, heavy metal toxicity, and breast implant illness (BII).
He believes that chronic stress and environmental toxicity/pathogens are often at the heart of chronic illnesses, which has led him to additionally specialize in biofeedback, detoxification, and environmental medicine.
Dr. Postma has served as adjunct faculty at Bastyr University as a professor. He is certified as a HeartMath® practitioner, in the Walsh Detoxification Program, and Advanced IV Therapy. He is currently an active member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) and the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
Dr. Postma holds a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University and a B.A. in Sociology from the University of Puget Sound. He completed his medical residency through Integrative Medica, with a clinical focus in IV Therapy, oncology, and chronic illness.
A few unique qualities about Dr. Postma are his perseverance, compassionate presence, and openness. He is a self-taught juggler, nature-enthusiast, family man, and he loves learning about indigenous approaches to medicine and healing.
- Clinical Focus: Toxic mold syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), histamine intolerance, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), Lyme disease, heavy metal toxicity, and breast implant illness (BII)
- Other: EBV reactivation, breast implant illness (BII), chronic fatigue, anxiety, adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroid, iron deficiency anemia, PMS, grief, life-transitions, fibromyalgia, cancer, and much more.
- Naturopathic medicine
- HRV Training
- Mind-Body Medicine
- IV Therapy
- Heavy Metal Chelation
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Nutritional Counseling
- Botanical Medicine
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Food Allergy / Sensitivity Testing
- Constitutional Homeopathy
Trainings / Certifications
- Beyond Balance Practitioner Training
- Toxic Mold Summit
- Mold Testing and Treatment
- ILADS Lyme Fundamentals
- Walsh Detoxification Program
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner
- Advanced IV Therapy
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI)